A big thank you to Callum at student in snowdonia who nominated me for the Leibster Award. He’s a student who writes about walking and exploring Wales. Check out his blog for interesting photos and narrative about this beautiful part of the world.
1) How did you get into blogging or photography?
I began blogging as a way to keep in touch with family, as my husband and I packed up a life in the UK and moved across the world to his native Australia.
2) Where would you most like to travel to and why?
I’ve only spent four days in America, in New York, so I’d like to visit Boston, Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon, San Francisco to name a few places. Also Canada, whilst in that part of the world.
3) What is your favourite book?
This is a tough question. “Who moved my cheese” by Spencer Johnson is a book I return to, a parable about dealing with change in life and work.
4) When you travel to a place you have never been before, what is the first thing you like to do?
Pick up a map, take a walk and get my bearings.
5) How do you get ideas for your blogs or photo shoots?
Since moving to Tasmania eight months ago, my posts have been a bit of a travel blog as we’ve explored our new island home. I’m happy writing about life in general and I’ve enjoyed writing about my original gap year back in 1985, when I first visited Australia and New Zealand.
6) How many countries have to been to?
England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. I’ve been very fortunate and have travelled extensively in Europe ~ Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Romania, Spain and Sweden. I went to India with work on several occasions and managed to visit the Taj Mahal on my last trip. I’ve also been to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore as well as Aus and NZ mentioned above.
7) What aspect of blogging do you love the most?
I love the camaraderie, friendship and positivity as well as the variety of blogs, topics, styles. Blogs are a delightful window into other peoples lives and locations.
8) Where is you next travel destination to?
New Zealand. I had a wonderful six months there in 1985 but have only been back once since then. It’s time to revisit and catch up with friends there, face to face.
9) What is your favorite downtime activity?
Photography. My interest has grown since joining a “photo a day” challenge on social media. It encourages me to take a moment each day to look at things differently, to appreciate other people’s interpretation of the daily prompt and to learn from others.
10) What is/are your goal(s) in life?
Be happy, keep in touch with family and friends despite the distances involved and to challenge myself.
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
- All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 10 questions posed by your nominator, create 10 questions for your nominees to answer. (Or, you can repeat the same questions.)
- Copy these rules into your post.
My nominees are:-
searching for ironman A wife and mum in Australia who writes about anything and everything.
an evolving scientist A busy retiree, writing and posting interesting photos.
Mick’s cogs A keen photographer sharing photos of his local region and travels.
I picture this An eager amateur photographer living on the coast in Sweden.
le chic en rose A fellow Brit living in Australia who blogs about a mix of travel, fashion, history and family.
- How did you get into blogging or photography?
- Where would you most like to travel to and why?
- What is your favorite book?
- When you travel to a place you have never been before, what is the first thing you like to do?
- How do you get ideas for your blogs or photo shoots?
- How many countries have to been to?
- What aspect of blogging do you love the most?
- Where is you next travel destination to?
- What is your favorite downtime activity?
- What is/are your goal(s) in life?
Congratulations Ruth on your nomination – have enjoyed reading your award post! I enjoy, “Student In Snowdonia’s” blog very much too 🙂 Thanks so much for nominating me and mentioning my blog, Le Chic En Rose, in your post. I very much appreciate the kind thoughts and support but prefer not to do award posts as I find with time constraints it’s easier to visit fellow bloggers “blogs” and connect by liking and commenting. However I do appreciate the gesture and will continue to enjoy reading about your Tasmanian adventures and enjoy welcoming you to my corner of the blogosphere too! Have a lovely week 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Liebster Award II | iPictureThis